Announcement!

I Have A Notion blog and store have moved to:


the store can be found at


There is a much easier to navigate store, with new items. The blog has its own page as well... new content too.

The blog is now at www.ihaveanotion.com/blog

Please come and visit!

Thursday, November 22, 2012

Happiest and Healthiest of Thanksgivings to Everyone

And to those who don't celebrate Thanksgiving today, Happiest and Healthiest of Days to you!

Maddy, our youngest daughter, James and Abbey, Maddy's significant others, were here visiting and have headed off to celebrate Thanksgiving with James' family.  I'm thinking they are going to be having a ball today.  I just love their costumes....very apropos!

There are so many things to be thankful for, health, being with family and friends, having food to share and enjoy, a warm house and of course pumpkin pie!  LOL

 Waldo aka Miss Rosemary
I had something happen to me yesterday that makes today every so much sweeter.   Most of you know Waldo...aka Miss. Rosemary, my girlfriend or heard me speak of her. 

 Let me digress, just for a sentence.  Last week Waldo was in the hospital with some blood clots in her legs and one on her lung.  She came home last Thursday and had been doing just fine.  I've seen her several times and as recently as a day and a half ago when she phoned to say she was out of black thread.  She popped in to borrow mine and she looked great.  Back to her normal sweet self.

Yesterday afternoon, I was getting out of my van in the driveway and another neighbor approached me and told me, " Rosemary has been taken by ambulance to the hospital, she had a pulmonary embolism, the family had been called in and decisions were going to need to be made."  She also suggested I wait until the family calls me and not to rush up to the hospital.

I felt the air being sucked out of me and all I could do is cry.   The grief was overwhelming and heavy as you can imagine.  I waited until 6pm and called her daughter.  I was told of course it is fine to come up to the hospital so up I went.

Do you know what I saw?  My girlfriend was sitting up in the bed and looked tired....but just like the Rosemary I know and love.  I climbed up in the bed next to her and hugged her and cried.....the relief of knowing she was fine was so joyous.  Apparently the neighbor didn't have the correct information and I"m soooo very glad she was wrong.


The doctor thinks it might be her gallbladder.  Well shoot....ya can live just fine without one of those.....hooray!!!!

I spent the night with her at the hospital and this morning, Rosemary showered, got dressed and is now home for Thanksgiving Dinner with her family.

Gratitude!!!! I'm feeling it deeply today.  Extreamly greatful for all those poeple in my life that are so near and dear to me.

Gigantic Smiles,
Kelly
 


13 comments:

  1. Im thankful for your friend not being as sick as you thought! Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Kelly, I am so thankful that Rosemary is doing better. I know the feeling when your BFF has sickness or difficult times. Wishing you and your family a very Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMGoodness. That was a real scare. My mom had one of those a little over a year ago and we thought we had lost her too. A little clot busting drug and ten minutes later we never knew she had one. The rest of us are still recovering!!!! ;-)

    Seriously....the news is great and there is much to be thankful for this year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Grateful that your neighbors info was incorrect, and that Rosemary is doing better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am happy to hear that your friend is doing well and I hope you and your family had a wonderful Thanksgiving.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is so nice to have such a wonderful blessing on Thanksgiving day, I am happy that your friend is o-kay but what a scare for you. Have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can understand your grief. Still, I'm sending positive thoughts & prayers for Waldo....Please keep me posted. Didn't realize she had been back in the hospital when I sent an earlier message.

    SewCalGal
    www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so glad to hear that the neighbor was wrong. And I am not the least surprised that you went to the hospital and spent the night with Miss Rosemary even though it was the night before Thanksgiving. That is true friendship!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can hear your big sigh of relief clear over HERE!!! Good for you and I bet yesterday was better than ever.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a wonderful Thanksgiving you had, I'm so glad she's home and you can relax and enjoy your family.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad things turned out well for your bestest.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yikes, our guild members are spending waaay too much time in hospitals lately....

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh Rosemary! I'm so glad she's going to be okay. Send my love and tons of hugs to her. She is such a dear woman...

    Hugs to you.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading the IHAN Blog. I love getting and reading every comment that is left here; however I may not be able to respond to all comments left during giveaways. There are times when I am juggling many tasks at one time and may not reply to all comments. Please e-mail me at quiltnotions@gmail.com if you need a reply quickly. I thank you for your understanding and-
More Later-Beth

Translate

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...