Announcement!

I Have A Notion blog and store have moved to:


the store can be found at


There is a much easier to navigate store, with new items. The blog has its own page as well... new content too.

The blog is now at www.ihaveanotion.com/blog

Please come and visit!

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Adoption Complete and More Updates


Do you remember this Quilting Arts Magazine cover?

 I fell in love with the cover the moment I saw it.  I learned the peacock feather on the front was made by Susan Brubaker Knapp of Blue Moon River.

 

This is not the best photo...I snapped it on my IPhone last night....yes...last night.  I am the new adoptive parent of this amazing work of art and I am just over the moon with joy.

And this beauty will be hanging in my living room, properly, as of now it is just put over a piece of wood and propped into place.  I've got to get the right hardware to hang it.  I have always loved Susan's work and now I'm the proud adoptive parent of three of her pieces.

Do you have a favorite quilt or textile artist?  Have you checked to see if they sell their work?  You may be surprised to learn that many of the artists  work that you love sell (are will to allow adoptions) their work.  

A Hand Update


WARNING:  If you are squimish and don't like skeletons except at Halloween....don't look below.

Instead of answering each of the kindest e-mails inquiring about the healing process of my hand, I thought I'd just do a little show and tell.

This happened on October 25, 2012
Surgery was on November 2, 2012

The Doctor put 5 screws and a metal plate into my right pinky finger and now I'm bionic!!!  I just think it is the coolest science....being put back together.  I'm still having physical therapy and it is not completely healed....but I'm certainly on the come back trail :)

The Flamingo Family is gathering food for their Thanksgiving Feast.

And all this time I thought they liked shrimp....silly me.  Pumpkin just so happens to be my favorite too.  I wonder if the Flamingos have a good pumpkin pie recipe?

Smiles,
Kelly

 

18 comments:

  1. Lindsay Wagner never had anything on you anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a breath-taking hanging! I'm not squimish, at all, I actually have videos of my two knee surgeries:-D Glad to see that it's on the mend--screws and all. Happy Thanksgiving, XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Susan is one of my idols!

    I always say that today's miracles can be found in Modern Medicine. I'm glad you're healing well! I can't help but chuckle at the view of the plate. Squint real hard and look at it. Doesn't it remind you of a voodoo doll? (Only you would understand my craziness. Love you!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so blessed to have 3 (!) pieces...she is AWESOME fabric artist!!! Okay, from now on I will think of you as A Bionic Woman! Seriously, I am so happy to hear you are healing.

    hugz

    ReplyDelete
  5. I too love, love, love Susan's work. What a beautiful piece of her work you now own. I'm sure it looks wonderful in your home too! Her use of color, design, threadplay/free-motion quilting is spectacular. I could stare for hours, absorbing the beauty in every inch.

    Glad your hand is healing. Amazing what those doctor's can do. Keep up the PT work so you get 100% back ASAP.

    Fun to see the Flamingos getting ready for Thanksgiving.

    SewCalGal
    www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on the art pieces! Just wonderful!
    OMG the x rays! When you do something, Kelly, you do it all the way! LOL Love the flamingos. I may have to sew them a pilgrim outfit?
    Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on the new art! I am squeamish about "blood and guts" pictures but I love the xrays. I always knew you are a bionic woman!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad to see that things are coming together!!!! I've been busy and not reading all blog post... from all the bloggers... and some I've skipped altogether.... I like Susans work too and was lucky enough to see and take a workshop from her in South Africa!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lucky you, I love Susan's work, her painting and quilt art are amazing.
    I hope your hands feels better soon, the one thing we do not need to be broken.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have to believe Susan is going to regret selling you Vanity. It is so beautiful. To own three of her pieces must be a joy. Hope you finger heals back to perfection.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad your hand is getting better.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Bullets:
    ...October 25 is our wedding anniversary; 43 years in 2012!
    ...Science and medicine is a marvel!
    ...With all that hardware, flying's going to be a new experience!
    ...I'm really glad that you're doing well!
    ...what a marvelous thing to have art pieces by Susan B-K!
    ...I have a tried and true recipe for pumpkin pie. Since it was my husband's favorite, I started working on getting it 'just right' 43 years ago. After about 20, I'd gotten it the way he (and all of us) liked it. Let me know and I'll copy it out for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like your bionics, it looks like you have a little ghost in your skeleton, lucky you, you get to have a little Halloween with you always. The flamingo picture makes me want to grab orange, hot pink, green and white for a quilt, so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am bionic too. I have a plate and a bunch of screws in my left wrist, the scar is about 2" long but isn't very noticable any more. Welcome to the club!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations on the 'adoption', and know you will enjoy your art.

    Glad you are healing....and on the mend.

    ReplyDelete
  16. congrats on adopting a fabulous quilt. Susan lives in another town not to far from me. She has been to our guild and will be coming again next year. She is so talented.
    The flamingos better get a move on and get those pumpkins cooked for pies.
    Glad to hear you are healing well. Medicine is amazing.
    Happy thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  17. It kind of looks like you have a permanent ring on your finger! LOL I feel your pinkie pain! Those little guys are the worst! I have broken both of mine and one I later split the tendon (i kind of got very angry and punched a locker! Live and learn!) and had to have surgery. I call it my talon because it is hooked and normally has a long beautiful fingernails on it! But oh they both ache in the cold or wet weather!

    ReplyDelete
  18. OMG Kelly! I am so so sorry! Get well soon! {{{HUGS}}}

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading the IHAN Blog. I love getting and reading every comment that is left here; however I may not be able to respond to all comments left during giveaways. There are times when I am juggling many tasks at one time and may not reply to all comments. Please e-mail me at quiltnotions@gmail.com if you need a reply quickly. I thank you for your understanding and-
More Later-Beth

Translate

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...